Having anxiety and worries are common things for majority of people. If you aren’t writing or talking about worries you may have, the worries tend to linger on for months. Even though, writing about your worries in deep thought can’t always help you pass through them. So, I decided to give “the worry jar” a try. And, it was a great feeling to rip up my first worry.
All you need:
Small pieces of colorful paper
A designated spot to keep the jar and paper
- Make a label for the jar. You can make it as fancy or simple as you’d like.
- When you start feeling worried, write it down on a piece of paper and toss it in the jar.
- Keep writing it down every time your worried.
- In the next month or so when it comes to mind, read your worries out-loud to yourself. Keep in mind that you are alive, and you are healthy.
- Simply rip up the piece of paper and toss it in the trash.