Is there ever a right or wrong way of doing things in your life?
No matter what we are always doing something someone disagrees with?
One thing I finally did, and not on my own, that others don’t agree with is to be unmediated.
Having anxiety, or any mental and physical illness at that, doesn’t only cause the person who has it pain, but it causes the people around them pain.
You need to find a way to cope with the anxiety that doesn’t hurt yourself nor hurt your loved ones.
Before reading forward realize, this is not for everyone, and i am not a doctor. It always wise to speak to your doctor and speak to them about your plan.
The second important thing is to not go cold turkey. This is why you need to speak to your doctor first.
- Guided Meditation at a set time every day-no matter what. Make that ten minutes in your busy schedule to center yourself.
- Don’t-I repeat Don’t- hide your anxiety. Talk about it, and let people know you are having a hard day. They won’t mind, and you may find yourself feeling a lot better.
- Join a support group. Yes, I said it. Support group. There is 1 in every 20 people who suffer from anxiety. There’s no better way to get through it then a support group. Talk it out with someone who feels the same way you do.
- Breathing exercise. My favorite. Take a deep breath, exhale inhale. Repeat a positive affirmation in your head.
- Set up a journal and write. In that journal try to set some goals for yourself. Later on, reading that page you will smile and remember this is what i have overcame. I am strong.
- Create a gratitude section in your journal. Three things every morning. You will feel a whole lot better.
- During the middle of your anxiety try to turn it into something positive. I know, easier said then done. But, trust me if i could do it so can you. Tell yourself this, “this is a normal way my body is reacting towards something. I am going to be okay. I am alive and breathing, My body is reacting, and for it to stop i must come up with a solution.”
- Find a solution. What calms you down? What do you need to center yourself? My solution is to grab a glass of ice water, go somewhere quiet, close my eyes and sip of the water. Just think about how good the water feels, and allow the coldness to wake my body up.
- Self-care. Create your self care routine. Follow my page for some quick self care ideas.
- Nutrition is very important for your health. Mind and body. Eat a well-balanced meal everyday. You need to make time for you to eat.
- Vitamins. Take a one a day, everyday. It will help. It’s one of the greatest things you could do for your body.
- Fresh air. Open a window or drink your coffee outside in the morning. Even just 10 minutes outside can wake up the body and put your mind at ease.
- Keep your mind busy. Allow it time to settle but also allow it to be busy when it starts to spin. Turn your negative thoughts into positive thoughts. If you are laying in bed with all those negative thoughts distracting you from sleeping pick up your journal, write down some positive affirmations, create a vision board or write down three positive things that happened that day,
- Stand up for yourself. You may feel anxious because you want to stand up for yourself but, you just can’t. If you do it you will feel so much better. Afterwards you will feel stronger.
- Limit your stress.
- Write a to-do list and if that is overwhelming, limit your to-do list.
- Organize your work area or home. I know i feel anxious when things are cluttered and misplaced.
- Pressure points
- Listen to music
It’s 4 am and I am still awake, with my mind wired. Why you ask me? Well, I don’t know at all.
Actually, I do. 17 month woke up at 11am and didn’t go back to sleep until 3:30 am. Poor girl, is sick.
The greatest thing about tonight is I had no worries about sending my daughter to the sitter’s sick. Being at work with little hours of sleep working the same 7-3 job. Not having to worry about taking buses, taxis, being late or on time. That’s because today, actually yesterday, I made the step of becoming a stay at home mom. I am ready to achieve my goals for the future and make a difference in other peoples life’s.
Here’s to a new year,
Here’s to a change,
Here’s to fresh start,
2017 here I come!
Iv’e been gone for quite sometime and I apologize. So much has happened and challenged me as a mother, wife, and person these last few months.
In the last few months lessons have been learned and mistakes have been made. Previously my landlord was selling our apartment building and we were aware about the possibilities of needing to move. Months gone by until the deal was closed. Now, I am here. I am in a city. Looking to better ourselves. My family and I are capable of so much more than what we think. We deserve the best and to be happy with our lives.
Thanks to my generous Aunt, we have a fresh start. We are able to stop settling for less and settling for the best.
Wish us luck,
I live in comfort zones. And today, my comfort zone is in a small town, in my home. This is not where I am happy and I see myself in the next few years. Living in a “good enough apartment” was well good enough but now I am ready to move on.
My heart is skipping a beat as I type this but I will be leaving my home in the next few months. We have a door open and I want to go before it closes. I feel a challenge overwhelming me. I also feel excitement overwhelming. We deserve something beautiful and something to be proud of.
This is my journey and I am going to live how I want to live it. I refuse to let the little things stop me.
The day I move is when I close the door to the past, open the door to a future and start a new chapter with my family.
Follow my blog to stay updated
Having anxiety and worries are common things for majority of people. If you aren’t writing or talking about worries you may have, the worries tend to linger on for months. Even though, writing about your worries in deep thought can’t always help you pass through them. So, I decided to give “the worry jar” a try. And, it was a great feeling to rip up my first worry.
All you need:
Small pieces of colorful paper
A designated spot to keep the jar and paper
- Make a label for the jar. You can make it as fancy or simple as you’d like.
- When you start feeling worried, write it down on a piece of paper and toss it in the jar.
- Keep writing it down every time your worried.
- In the next month or so when it comes to mind, read your worries out-loud to yourself. Keep in mind that you are alive, and you are healthy.
- Simply rip up the piece of paper and toss it in the trash.
Between having a baby, cats, and foot traffic stains are bound to happen. I don’t know about you but I can’t stand a stained carpet. I used over priced chemical invested stain remover. Until, I found this amazing cheap 3 ingredient stain remover. This recipe everyone should know. For one, it’s dirt cheap. For two, you will most likely already have the ingredients on hand. And for three, it’s healthier for your family and environment.
All you need is:
2 C. Hydrogen Peroxide
1/4 C Baking Soda
1-2 T Dawn
Just mix it together in a spray bottle. Spray it on the stain and let it soak for a few minutes before cleaning it with a rag.
This scrub is so refreshing! I woke up with my face clear, and so soft. Rose is ideal for dry skin, acne, scars, and aging. I highly recommend it to anyone with dry skin. Not to mention making your own facial scrubs are cheaper and safer for your skin.
All you need is:
- 4-6 drops of Rose Essential Oil
- 1 TBS of Coconut Oil
- 1/2 c of Sugar
- Mason Jar, or washed Baby Jar
Mix the liquid coconut oil with the sugar. Add in 4-6 drops of Rose. Then Pour into the empty container.